In a February 23, 2011 press release, Mayor Ed Lee announced he was reappointing former Mayor Gavin Newsom’s commissioners to seats that expired in January. City law allowed expired commissioners to continue in office for six months past the end of their term.
The reappointments include
- Edna James to Commission on Aging
- Jessica Silverman to the Arts Commission
- Margine Sako and Sonia E. Melara to the Health Commission
- George Yamasaki, Jr. to the Human Services Commission
- Rebecca Woodson to the Juvenile Probation Commission
Leo Chow, Arts Commissioner, was not listed among the reappointments. His term ended in January.
Other Commissioners whose terms expire before April 1 include:
* Katherine Munster and Stephanie Simmonds, Commission on the Status of Women
* Cameron Beach and Jerry Lee to the Metropolitan Transportation Authority
* Peter Bratt, Con Canady and Lorraine Rominger to the Film Commission
* Johanna Wald, Rahul Prakas and Ruth Gravanis to the Commission on the the Environment
* Marian Saez and Matthew Schwartz, Housing Authority Commissioners
* Lily Chan, Mel Lee, Nancy Connor and Anderson Pugash to the Golden Gate Park Concourse
The Board of Supervisors acted on several appointments in March.
- Leslie Katz, nominated by former Mayor Newsom, was confirmed as a Port Commissioner
- Janet Reilly, Dave Snyder, Richard Grosboll and Michael Theriault were approved to the Golden Gate Bridge District to terms that end in 2013.